Miesha Tate's News

Tate has no plans of a comeback, but would return for a trilogy fight with Ronda Rousey


Author: 

Date: March 19, 2017

Despite holding the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women’s bantamweight title just eight months ago, Miesha Tate is enjoying retirement and has no real plan of returning to the Octagon anytime soon. But if something were to ever draw her back into the cage, it would be the opportunity to exact revenge on a familiar foe.

“If I was going to come back, (Rousey) would be the fight that would appeal to me the most,” said Tate during a Q&A session earlier this week for UFC Fight Night 107 in London. “But at the moment, I’m sorry – it’s just not what I see in my future.”

Remember, Ronda Rousey not only broke Tate’s arm in a Strikeforce meeting back in 2012 but she submitted her again at UFC 168 to defend her 135-pound crown and push “Cupcake” to the back of the bantamweight line. Since then, Rousey has fallen from grace, losing to Holly Holm via knockout at UFC 193 and then getting walloped by Amanda Nunes at UFC 207 this past December in just 48 seconds.

Even if Tate is destined to remain on the sidelines and never get the chance for a trilogy fight with “Rowdy,” that’s all well and good. The 30-year-old is enjoying every moment.

“I love that I’m able to do more of this and be able to connect more with the fans,” said Tate. “Obviously if I was fighting this weekend I wouldn’t be here doing this. So there’s pros and cons. I had a long career, especially for a female. I fought for 11 years, and now I’ve transitioned to other ways of enjoying the sport, so it’s not all bad.”

You can’t say a third fight between Rousey and Tate wouldn’t get the wallets open.

To view this article as it appears on MMAMania.com, click here.